Apply for Career at Tele-Town Hall, LLC®
Senior Software Engineer – Voice
Company: Tele-Town Hall (“TTH”)
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Chicago (preferred, but flexible)
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or relevant work experience
Experience: Demonstrate experience developing Real-Time applications
Tele-Town Hall is a fast-growing, founder-managed, private equity-backed company that is a leading provider of mass communication service solutions. Our products allow our customers to engage and manage large-scale audiences simultaneously using ultra-high-capacity, real-time voice and messaging products that provide significantly greater functionality than a traditional webinar and conferencing services. We believe strongly in positive company culture, and offer our employees an exceptional benefits package with flexible officing.
Tele-Town Hall has experienced recent explosive growth and to capitalize on sustaining that growth, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the next generation of our product, while mentoring others within the software engineering team. You will report directly to the CTO and work within an agile engineering team to deliver software products that achieve our business goals.
We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of technical architectures, programming languages, and infrastructure environments. Excellent communication and ability to effectively work within a team environment are required skills.
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and secure
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Support, develop, and mentor junior and mid-level software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Experience with React framework would be plus.
- Knowledge of Asterisk PBX and Python and understanding communication protocols would be plus.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based software architecture is preferred
- Prior experience with Voice over IP technologies is preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Team player with a hands-on customer-centric approach
Tele-Town Hall offers premium healthcare coverage for all employees and their spouses and dependents that is unmatched for a company in our space. In addition, TTH offers a 401K matching plan, Short/Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance. TTH is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Applicants can apply to email@example.com, ATTN: Senior Software Engineer – Voice